I don't know how long this will take or how winded I might become so this may have to be written in installments. I can hear my sister saying "it's about time."
Our vacations (yes plural, we have many little vacations by different people to talk about that become the big vacation) began Tuesday June 22 when Allison went to girl's camp. No, that was not meant to be mean but that was just the start of adventures for all. The next day Emily and Kyle (after a whirlwind very fast visit to the doctor to have cast #1 cut off, pins removed and cast #2 put on all by 8:00a.m.) jumped on a plane to Orlando to visit with Grandma and Grandpa for a few days all by themselves. My younger brother and his 5 kids arrived on Thursday so they weren't without fun and adventure or someone to play with. While my brother took his family to Disney, Grandma and Grandpa had fun with Kyle and Emily. (My kids have had enough Disney to not complain). Emily and Grandma went to see Toy Story 3 and Kyle and Grandpa hit the links and did a little golfing. Both were very excited to ride a plane by themselves and then spend time alone with Grandma and Grandpa.
Back at home it was just Tye, myself and Carter. We didn't really think this all through because we kept the one who needs entertaining and sent away all his entertainment. Thanks to some good friends we had a couple play dates and I got some quiet time of my own. Carter enjoyed having mom and dad all to himself. Saturday Allison came home from a fun girl's camp tired and exhausted. Carter had been waiting all week for her and was a little frustrated when she fell asleep on the couch.
Monday morning Allison, Carter, mom and dad got on a plane and headed for Orlando Florida. Our plane got delayed because they couldn't get a light in the cock pit to go out. After about 40 minutes or so I think they covered it with duck tape and we were off. Because of the delay we got off one plane and walked right onto our connecting flight. I have to say I have never cut things that close before. We finally arrived in sunny, humid, Orlando. After getting our rental car we were off to Cocoa Beach to meet up with the rest of my family. My older brother and his 4 kids arrived Sunday night and my sister and her 3 kids got to Grandma's Saturday night. (I guess we missed the big party at Grandma's-Emily and Kyle represented us).
My parents rented us all hotel/apartment type suites right on the beach. Each had 2 bedrooms a bathroom, kitchen and living room. We had 5 out of the 6 upstairs suites and the kids loved just going to and from each all week. To recap the week we did a lot of beach going and swimming. When it was lunch time and too hot and sunny to be out the kids would end up at Grandma and Grandpa's place or the boys would be at out place playing video games. Tye and I spent a lot of lunches by ourselves. We thought it was nice. (see Grandma and Grandpa had lots of treats and goodies at their place).
Beautiful beach time.
Carter boogie boarding with Tye helping.
Carter looking cute.
Kyle after a succesfull ride

Emily catching some waves

Allison after fun in the waves

We tried to limit Kyle's beach and water time which was nearly impossible-he is a boy. We purchased this cast cover that is water proof. It says you can swim with it and we can truly say it worked. You can boogie board in the ocean with it also. Needless to say I didn't want to spend any time at a doctor's office getting a cast removed so we limited his swim time to 30-40 minutes at a time. I don't think he felt too deprived. He had a little harder time on the boogie board because of the whole one arm not working thing, but you can't keep Kyle down. He had just as much fun as all the other cousins.
Cousins playing video games

Mini golfing

Each day we did family dinners together. That was always fun. Tuesday night we had family picture night. Wednesday night was my sister Sarah's 31 birthday dinner. We had family races at the beach, which are always fun to watch and participate in. Then cake and ice cream topped off the night. Thursday we had an old St. Louis friend who lives in Florida join us with his family at the beach. That evening Grandma and Grandpa, myself and Tye, my sister and my niece Whittni went and saw Eclipse. Great, awesome movie. Friday afternoon my brothers' families and all of us went mini golfing. We sent all the kids ahead to play by themselves and my sister-in-law Kristy stayed with her little one. My brother Matthew his wife Amy and Tye and I played together. I don't remember who won but I did get a hole in one on the last hole.
Whole gang minus my brother Michael who had to work.

I don't know why Carter is so sad.
Saturday was clean up and go home day. Tye and I found a little time for a jog on the beach and Tye took Allison and Emily boogie boarding one more time-while I packed up all our stuff.
We had a great time and can't wait to do it all again. We want to thank Grandma and Grandpa for such a great vacation.
Now the second part of Havey vacation will come next post cause it ain't over folks.
4 comments:
I can't believe how big our kids are getting!! I'm not sure I'm ready for that, are you?
Yes, It is about time! I am excited to read vacation post #2!
Thanks for your recap of the vacation week. I'm still putting my view of the week together and it helps to refresh my memory from reading your side.
Beautiful pictures April! I love white teesand Jeans in beach pics. Glad you were all able to have such a great time!!
Post a Comment