Tuesday, July 27, 2010

First Day of School

This is a big first day of school for us. Allison started Jr. High and Carter started Kindergarten. We were all so excited yesterday!!!!! OK maybe I was the most excited but the kids looked excited too.
My big kindergartner
The three youngest go to school first and at breakfast Carter told me he wanted Emily and Kyle to take him to his class. I would love to just put him on the bus and say goodbye, but as brave as he was trying to be I wanted to make sure he got to his class without tears. So I drove all the elementary kids to school. It was a mad house I think every parent drove their kids to school and walked them personally to class. I got Carter to his seat, gave him a kiss and off I went. He seemed just fine and I knew he would do great.
I then had brunch with the other parents leaving kindergartners behind. I got to see Carter in the hallway with his big class as I left. He was still looking brave.
Tye and I met the kids at the bus stop after school and they all seemed happy. I was the only one with homework filling out all the papers sent home. Carter looked a little tired and wanted Daddy to carry him home. He told me before he left this morning that I could pick him up in the van at the bus stop so he wouldn't have to walk home.
Emily and Kyle had a good day. They both got lucky and get to have the same teachers as last year. Kyle is in a 3rd/4th mixed class this year. I am curious to see how it works out. I love his teacher and she knows him pretty good so I think he will be forced to improve last years skills.
Emily is our big 5th grader. She has a super good teacher also this year and is really excited.
Now for the big Jr. High student. I didn't get to see Allison off yesterday because I was with Carter, but no worries because she is totally mature now. Our neighbor is in 8th grade and is good friends with Allison. They walked to the bus stop together. Allison has many church friends in her classes and same lunch time as them too so it made me as mom feel like she would be OK. Allison came home in a good mood so I think she had a good day. She is going to try out for volleyball on Thursday-wish her luck. Are you wondering what mom did all day. I did laundry and finished a very good book with the only interuptions being the laundry and Tye wondering if I was hungry for lunch. It was a super great day! I look forward to many more just like it.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

This is a day you will always remember; it seems it has taken for ever for Carter to start school. The kids all looked so cute and ready for some learning. Enjoy your alone time.

Sam Miller said...

Wow! What an amazing day! I am very envious. Everyone looked great for their first day! Congrats!!