Sunday, September 19, 2010

Kyle discovers ESPN

Yesterday was the second BYU football game of the year and the first one that was televised. Kyle has been getting more interested in sports lately, so we have been making an effort to see more games. This one was on ESPN, which we hardly ever watch. I don't know why. As much as I enjoy sports, I just never take time to watch them much. After the game was over (and lost), I had wandered off to other tasks. After a little bit, Kyle comes running in pretty excited - and he was literally running in, with a little bit of excited jumping as he was talking - "Dad, come here, there's another football game on!!" "Yes, son, it's ESPN. There are always games on." So we watched some Clemson v Auburn (which he thought was University of Arizona), then some University of Arizona football afterward. They also kept flipping through highlights of different games. It was all very exciting and almost overwhelming for him. We got several play-by-play descriptions later. As a sidenote, April had removed all the ESPN stations from our guide, so we don't usually see them when flipping through the channels.

2 comments:

The Clayburn Family said...

ESPN is the channel most watched at our house . . . except for cartoon Network!! Ashton is obsessed with football!! We need to live closer!

Sarah said...

Ok...it was actually the THIRD game of the season and they have all been televised-just depending on what stations you get. I have to laugh-your poor son....if we lived closer-he would have know what Football was A long time ago-Eric watches it every Saturday. THe girls girls know what it is and know that is Daddies favorite "show".