Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What the 5 year old heard

A few weeks ago our Bishop's daughter named Annie became very sick. They didn't know what was wrong with her and it was quite frightening at times. We had a ward fast for her and used her name a lot in our prayers. Our neighbors across the street have a dog named Annie that Carter really likes. A few days after the fast we were driving in the car and out of nowhere Carter says "Annie is really sick and is probably going to die today. I am going to miss her. She was a fun dog." Mom, "Carter, Annie the dog isn't sick. She is just fine. Why would you say that?" Carter, "Because she is so sick." Then the light bulb in my head turned on. I had to explain that we were praying and fasting for Annie the girl not Annie the dog. Oh the faith of a child-why not pray for a dog. By the way both Annies are doing just fine.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, I love what comes out of kids mouths. I bet you could submit that story to some LDS magazine. Glad to hear both Annies are well. Oh and I love 2 posts in one week??? Keep it up!!

Sam Miller said...

Happy to know both Annie's are well! Sweet Carter! We need to get together with you guys. Miss you!