Sunday, May 16, 2010
Mother's Day (by Tye)
For Mother's Day this year, April told us: "All I want is a clean house and my children not to fight on Mother's Day... Really."
We took her seriously, thinking we had an easy out this year. We started early on Saturday morning to get the house clean. (You know, to get it out of the way so we could get on with our fun weekend.) By the time we were getting hungry for lunch and we were still on the first couple rooms, Allison was practically begging that we just go to the store and get her a present.
Well, we took a couple hour break in the afternoon and then cleaned some more after dinner and finally finished at about 7:30 that night. The kids (and dad) were pretty tired, but April was pretty pleased when she got up on Sunday morning and took a tour of her clean house. The kids not fighting part wasn't quite as controlled, but they did good.
Next year, we are going to the store for flowers or chocolate or anything...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How about those bathrooms, Tye?? I heard they kind of got forgotten??? I think the kids need to spend another weekend on the bathrooms-oh then the garage-oh and then the backyard!! That would make April VERY happy:) Oh and don't forget the Van-I think that needs to be cleand too.
What a special Mother's Day gift:) You guys are the greatest.
Post a Comment