Sunday, May 16, 2010

Wolf scout award for Kyle

This last week, Kyle earned his Wolf award for Cub Scouts. At the award ceremony, they have the tradition of having the recipient eat a twinkie while the whole room chants: "wolf, wolf, wolf, ...".

We don't typically stock Twinkie's at our house, so Kyle had never had one. He was initially worried about the whole ordeal until he was assured that is was a treat that he would like. (the term "a cream filled piece of heaven" may have been used). As much as I wanted to help him, on the road to manhood, there are some things he must do alone.

Here is some video of the ordeal. Be warned, a twinkie is a large item for a small guy, so it takes a while.

3 comments:

Diana said...

That is a fun tradition! I'll have to remember it if I ever end up in cubs again.
I love your Mother's day request. I asked for the same thing but not always worth the process!

Sarah said...

It makes me thankful to have all girsl-that just seemed too mean:) But he finished it-he is a cute little guy-excited to see him this summer!!

Carolyn said...

Never saw that done before; guess there is always a first for everything. Looks like the camera person was getting a little tired or couldn't stop laughing or something. Now I'm hungry for a Twinkie. Way to go Kyle. I love the new haircut.