Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My quilts


For my summer project I decided I wanted to make the boys matching quilts for their beds.  I took the boys with me to the fabric store and I let them pick out the fabric they wanted.  I am not really very good at putting colors together so I was a little worried what we might come up with.  I was really surprised at how well the solids colors went together.  I made sure the boys picked at least one pattern that matched a solid color. They really had fun getting to pick material they thought was cool.  The quilts are really colorful and mismatched but I wanted to get a little more color to their room.  It took me all summer and then after they went back to school I really put some time into finishing them.  The Olympics helped a lot because I just moved the sewing machine downstairs and worked while I watched hours and hours of my favorite sporting events.  Both quilts have all the same material but each is laid out at little different, so they match but are not identical. 


This is the cleanest you will ever see the boys room.  They finally cleaned it and I quickly took a picture before they got more toys out to play with. Their room is definitely a work in progress.  One day I might make (or buy) curtains and maybe get brave and put something on that wall.  My next purchase, however, is going to be a new dresser for their clothes.  That one is just not cutting it anymore.

The boys wanted to pick out some sports material.  I let them pick out Arizona Cardinal football material (Kyle was looking for another professional team but they didn't have them, don't remember who they were exactly)  But I would not let them pick anything with ASU or NAU or any Arizona college I could not have my BYU room tainted-Sorry boys everything at our house is True Blue.

Carter's bed

Kyle's bed

3 comments:

Diana said...

Love the quilts! We are really torn here between BYU and Utah State. Brent has decided that it is BYU for him, mostly because there are more Utah State fans at school.

Sarah said...

sppolog48I think you did a good job!! Way to work that sewing machine. I really should get a sewing machine...and make AWESOME stuff for my kids!!

Carolyn said...

The quilts turned out really cute; way to go April! I don't think I've ever seen the boys room so clean you should post a picture of the "clean" room on their door so they will want to keep it that way.