To Celebrate our 15 years together (and April's high level of patience in putting up with me all these years - can you believe it?) we took a trip to Sedona.
It is usually about 15-20 degrees cooler up there and is a very beautiful place with red rock formations all over the place. However, when it is 115 here in Phoenix (we have been having a bit of a heat wave), 15-20 degrees less is still a little bit hot. As a result, we scaled back a few of our outdoor activities and caught up on a couple movies.
We had our kids stay with our friends who picked them up after school on Thursday and got to try out having seven kids for a few days.
On Saturday morning, we went on a bike ride together.
The trails were nice and the weather was nice and not too hot yet. The trailhead was just across the street from our hotel. About 5 minutes into the ride, April had to stop because she heard something on her tire. Sure enough, she had hit something and we could hear the hissing coming from the tire. I had some of the tools with me, but not a new tube, so we quickly turned around and rode back before she ran out of air. We made it back to the corner by the hotel.
Naturally, being the good husband that I am, I made sure she had some books to read and the keys to the room. I figured she wouldn't mind if I kept the extra water I had brought for her. Then I
went on the trails and enjoyed the ride. Notice that April is missing from my pictures from the trails.
One of the trails was a little more technical than I had expected. I was doing ok on it, but hit a rock on a steep climb that stopped me cold. When you stop on your bike, it doesn't stand up for long. My shoes were clipped in and I couldn't get my shoes out in time, so I fell over on the hill. Luckily there was a bush there to break my fall. Not as lucky, it was a very thorny bush. No deep gashes or serious damage though. I didn't even have to pull out my first aid equipment. I knew the second half of this trail was even trickier, and since my confidence was shot for the day, I made an alternate route and made it safely back to April.
This sign was across the street from our inn. Just
so you know how classy it was, the Circle K across the street not only had 79 cent fountain drinks, but unlimited liquor.
1 comment:
Wow! Looks like a super fun time; that was one interesting looking vehicle. Too bad about the bike ride for both of you. I can't believe it has already been 15 years (I still wear the same dress I wore at your wedding; how bad is that).
Post a Comment