Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween Birthday!

This weekend was a Halloween and Birthday celebration at our house. Friday night was the kids Family Fun Night at their elementary school. The school has bouncers and carnival games and food to eat. It's the one fundraiser we participate in. Saturday afternoon was our HOA annual fall party. We go because it takes place in the park in front of our house. Saturday night was our Ward's Trunk or treat. We tried to do a family theme but it ended up just mom dad and the boys. Tye did all the car decorations and I made the costumes. I think it turned out cute. Allison went as a Hawaiian girl and Emily borrowed a Renaissance costume.
If you don't know what we are you probably don't have video games. We are characters from the game Mario brothers.
Ward trunk or treat

On Sunday we celebrated Allison's 13 birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLISON.

It has been 13 exciting years having Allison in our family. I went into labor with Allison on October 30 around 10 in the morning. I was sure she would be born that day. Allison had other plans. (She still likes to do things her own way). Allison was born around 6 am on Halloween day weighing in at 7lb 3 oz. Tye and I couldn't believe how little she was and that the hospital let us take her home-we had no idea what to do with her. I guess you can say we learned as we went along and we made many mistakes. Most I don't think have made too many lasting scars. We still don't know what we are doing. Hopefully, everything can me fixed with a few years of therapy for her and us.

(Disregard the date on the picture it is a picture of a picture taken today. I didn't know how to scan it)

We love you Allison and think you are a wonderful young lady.

4 comments:

Diana said...

How could that much time have passed! I can't believe we have teenagers! They are great kids in spite of us. Happy birthday Alison!

The Clayburn Family said...

Happy Birthday Allison!!! And, great costumes!!

Sarah said...

Ok...so apparently the Mario theme was popular this year. We don't own video games so I was surprised at how popular it was. My friend Carrie-the ones down your street-did the same theme too with their family. Emily and Allison looked good too. Happy Birthday Allison-and I am sure there is a better picture of her that you could have put up. And I always thought she was 7lbs 13 oz. She was small just like Sophia and Ella.

Carolyn said...

You guys are always so great coming up with a family theme each Halloween even if it only included parents and boys this year. Allison and Emily both looked cute too.