The bike portion (a little over 20 miles) was about as expected, although I didn't realize the hill would be as steep as it was, but I felt like I was going good and was passing a lot of people. On the return loop, the uphill portion becomes downhill and that was a lot of fun. I got my bike over 48 mph on that part and zipped by a lot of people. This video clip is right as I am leaving the transition area.
When I got to the transition area to drop off the bike and put on my running shoes, I knew I was in trouble when my leg muscle cramped and I almost fell over. Only 6.2 miles of running to go... I ran at a slower pace than I am accustomed, but at least I didn't walk. I was able to catch up to and keep ahead of two guys in my age group who had passed me about half way (everybody had their age written on the back of their leg). This is me running by April at about half way through the run.
All in all, it was a good experience. Jason is already talking about how much better we can do next time. I need a few weeks off before talking about it. This is a picture of us after the finish.
I think that this video clip of me right after the finish summarizes the whole experience.
My final time was 2:36:49 and I place 55th overall (men's) out of 95.
No comments:
Post a Comment