That is how quickly April's team of 12 ladies ran the 204 miles in this grueling race. It started in Prescott, Arizona and wound its way around to end in Mesa, Arizona. Included are some pictures from the race. It was called the Ragnar Relay. Visit www.ragnarrelay.com if you want to see more information. Her race was the Del Sol race, and her team was "Sole Sisters".
April's first leg was 6 miles. The second leg was 3.3 miles, but it started at 1 am, so she was running in the dark alongside the 93 freeway (just past Wickenburg for anyone who has driven here from Las Vegas. Luckily, she had a hot guy to run along side her on this night-time run. Ok, it was just me, and by hot, I mean I was wearing shirt that was too warm.
April's third leg was 6.4 miles. It had some unbelievable hills and warmer temperatures (mid-80's). We saw very few runners make it up some of the hills without walking.
Hand off at beginning of April's 3rd leg of the race (30th leg overall) and her strong finish of the same leg.
April did very good. She has been training for this for a few months and it is quite an accomplishment. She was also able to have an enjoyable time with her 5 van buddies. The kids came up to watch the last leg and cheer Mom on.
Picture of a big hill. Actually, the big hill is just around this corner, and it is a heartbreaker.
1 comment:
We are all so proud of you!! You are my Hero!! I should just break out into a song....
The weather sure did look nice, maybe a bit too warm for all that running. I think I would have died!
Post a Comment