Saturday, November 15, 2008

A One Woman's Chili kind of guy (Tye)

Last Saturday we had a ward party that centered around a chili cookoff. The kids had a lot of fun dancing to the live band and running around with some of their friends. While I very much like April's chili, there were at least 20 other types of chili there. There was spicy chili, white chili, meatless and meatful chili, even chili with Venison meat. It was too much to miss out on. While I have become hesitant on sampling too many things at these types of functions, I couldn't resist trying a few of them. Later that evening - actually about the middle of that night, I started not feeling too good. I wasn't sure if I had indigestion or if I had food poisoning or something else. I made it through the night all right. However, in discussing it with April, she had to laugh at me. "I guess that's what I get for eating another woman's chili." I told her with a bit of a smile. "You better believe it," she said with a twinkle in her eye. We had a good laugh about that. I thought you might enjoy it. In any case, there is only one woman whose chili is right for me.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Our ward did that activity, and I made cornbread. But the chili I ate was White Chile-since that is what I like. I think White Chile is safe to eat. Next time stick with White Chile instead of all the "other" chiles. PS. I don't think your wife's chile is THAT good....I think mine is better:)