When Sibling Rivalry Becomes a Contact Sport
It is sometimes hard as a parent to figure out who is at fault when your kids are arguing. Usually our practice is that "it takes two to tango" and they are both off to their punishment. This time, however, I managed to catch a bit of this on film. We were able to do the instant replay, then the slow motion, then review it over and over with them. In the end, well, you'll have to guess... Sorry this is filmed sideways. I tried a little to change the direction.
The issue at hand is: Did Allison get her foot mopped? Or did Kyle get his mop kicked?
You decide. We'd love to hear your what the 'jury' has to say.
Listen for the following in the clip:
Arguments in favor of Kyle: "Stop walking where I already mopped."
Arguments in favor of Allison: "Then stop mopping where I'm trying to walk."
As a sidebar, Kyle is only mopping the floor because he traded his chore of unloading the dishwasher with me for mopping the floor. That was an easy trade for me. He is not typically this helpful. Allison is in the process of assembling her lunch for the next morning. It may appear that she is packing for a trek to the top of Everest, but it is really only for one day.
As another sidebar, this is our first blog post, and this may be a little ambitious to post a large video file - so if it doesn't work, sorry.
6 comments:
Ok, so after seeing the "live footage" of your kids arguing-I totally side with.........Kyle! Could't his older sister see where he was mopping, or did she not have her glasses on? I am so happy you have entered the blogging world! See...posting videos is way easy! Can't wait for some more Havey Children drama!
OK, this so easily could have been my children! I hate to say something like this, but it is so comforting to know that other children argue like this. Sometimes I think we have just done something wrong with ours who should just be oozing with brotherly and sisterly love. That's what we were like as children, isn't it?!? I look forward to keeping somewhat updated through your blog.
Sorry Kyle, but it looks to me that Allison got her foot mopped. It also looks as if the whole situation could have been avoided had someone walked around the island and not through Kyle's path...
I love this blog, it is so cute. Thanks for keeping us all updated!
As I see it it looks like Kyle moved the mop and Allison just happened to step into it. So I say they are both at fault. Nice to see the grandkids helping out with the chores around the house. Kyle can mop my floor anytime. And Allison can fix Grandpa his lunch too.
Love, Grandma Clayburn
Grandpa Havey says: "It's the parent's fault for leaving two kids in the same room. Or if all else fails, blame gravity because Allison couldn't jump that far."
Grandma Havey says: I think it's Allison's fault because she can see what Kyle is doing and still walks on the wet floor. It appears intentional and like she just wants to bug him. This sounds so much like some of our kids (no names). I love the video because it takes me back to the good old days (when I was young).
Love,
Grandma and Grandpa Havey
You and Amy Livingston have the same blog background!
Love your first post!
Post a Comment