Friday, November 1, 2013

Fall Break Orlando Florida

We spent a week of Fall Break in Florida with Grandma and Grandpa and were lucky enough to see two sets of cousins; some on April's side and some on Tye's side.  Below are some highlights:
 
Day at the beach (Cocoa Beach).  Caught some waves, buried some kids in the sand and all the other beach stuff.  
 
Two days at Universal Studios.  It worked out really well because we don't think anyone else was on school breaks, so there were no lines both days.  The kids would literally get off the ride, run back through the line and get on it again.  I (Tye) discovered very quickly that I am not a teenager any more and could only do each ride once.  My old body didn't like all the jostling and shaking.


Not sure if you saw the Rip Rockin' Roller Coaster on the news that got stuck at the top for several hours.  That was this ride.  This was one week before that.  
 Carter pretending to hold Optimus Prime in the palm of his hand (it is a huge statue on that building back there)
 "Sunny days, chasing the clouds away..."
 The Hulk Ride.  Reportedly had the fastest first 5 seconds of any roller coaster.
 Harry Potter land was very cool.  They did a great job with the Hogwarts castle and that whole part of the park.  I mentioned that there were no lines, but this is where we found the people.
 Look at these great kids
 We also had one day left on our Disney World passes that we bought many, many years ago, so we spent a day at Hollywood Studios.  It was quite a bit more crowded and things were a little further apart.  We finally wore out on the theme parks, I think.  Maybe I'm just speaking for myself.
 At a park with cousins (Jason's kids)
 Met up with more cousins (Matthew's kids).  Grandma and Grandpa are hiding in the back. Also a few Lego people in the picture.  This is at Downtown Disney at the Lego Store.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

It was so much fun having you guys come visit us. Thanks! Also thanks for updating your blog for those of us who only do blogs.

Staceygirl said...

I thought shing shing and cauliflower were going to be the famous last words of this blog. Haha! Nice to see Havey happenings. I'm surprised you survived the theme parks as long as you did, but it does make it easier with no lines!