Sunday, July 14, 2013

Batman Begins

  1. This morning while the kids were playing a game at the kitchen table Carter noticed a 'bird' that didn't look like a bird to him flying around back door.  He realized it was a bat.  Allison and I grabbed our cameras and started taking picture. I was able to capture this one.


Allison was able to get this close up when it landed on our screen door.  Pretty neat.


Check out this great photo Allison got as the bad climbed down the screen.  He looks like he is posing for the picture.  He looks a little scary.




This is the video I  was able to capture as the bat climbed down the sliding glass door screen.




For some reason the bat thought that under our sliding glass door was the best place to settle down for the rest of the day.  Can you see it right behind the wheels.  We put a note on the door reminding us not to open it.  We checked after church and it was still there, but had moved down the door some, after dinner when I checked he was gone.  How in the world did it fit under the door without squishing its brain.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

"That is Creepy!!" :)

Carolyn said...

Wow a real bat; who would of thought you'd be able to capture it on video. Cool!