With the 100th day of school this week, plus the 100th anniversary of Arizona’s statehood coming up, Carter’s first grade class was asked to draw what they think they will look like when they are 100. Keep in mind – this is first grade. Here is Carter’s drawing:
Even better, as a follow up, they were supposed to finish various sentences about what they will be doing when they are 100. Here are some of Carter’s responses (his responses underlined):
I will live nowhere
I will eat nothing
I will play nowhere
I will know nothing
I will have nothing
I will wear clothes
I will need dirt
Carter is a very good student and never misbehaves. His rambunctious side is known only to those of us very close to him. However, he is very clever. I think this might be his ‘intellectual misbehaving’. He clearly knows what is expected of him, but also sees that the instructions give some latitude – so he takes that opportunity – I think mostly to entertain himself.

2 comments:
So....he thinks he will be dead at 100...I am guessing he could be right:)
That is great! Funny kid!
Post a Comment