Sunday, February 27, 2011

Family fun run

This weekend the city of Chandler had a big 1.5mile fun run and 5k race to benefit the chandler schools. They encouraged all the running clubs to participate. Once you paid for 3 people everyone else in your family was free, so I signed us all up. The kids really wanted to participate and I was excited by their enthusiasm-the real reason was all kids who participated got a medal and the kids really wanted a metal. Allison decided she wanted to sleep in and didn't run with us. I just think she was afraid Kyle would beat her. Tye ran with Kyle and I ran with Carter and poor Emily ran in the middle of us. Too slow for Kyle and too fast for Carter. It was a good little 1.5 miles. Tye and Kyle were the 5th people to cross the finish line (Did I forget to mention our school was the first to run and every other school started at 30 second increments later). Anyway, Kyle thought he was all big and bad but we haven't mentioned that there might have been others faster than him they just started later. In the end they had so many medals that all of us got one.

2 comments:

The Clayburn Family said...

Congrats! Good job!

Carolyn said...

Way to go you running fools! Remember the fun runs at Woerther School?